Travels through the rainforest, ocean, desert and city in Australia.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Alice and beyond

I've been having such a good time its been hard to update everyone!  Since last post I flew to Alice Springs in the Red Center of the country.  I was a bit worried I had too much time in this place based on what other travelers said.  But they were SO WRONG.  The desert is amazing, Alice Springs is great, and I have enjoyed every day of it.

The big sights that most people come to visit are Uluru (Ayers Rock), Watarrka (Kings Canyon), and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).  I did all on a three day camping tour.  Lots of driving, beautiful scenery, sleeping under the stars and hiking.  Perfect!  My tour was big and I traveled with 21 other people.  Pretty much didn't get too many of the names.  There were quite a few in the 18-20 set.  And several French and northern euro people who felt the need to smoke while hiking.  Hah!  I also met a nice couple from Brisbane.  Here's a few pics of the scenery from the trip.


In addition to going on the trip to these beautiful places, I spent several days in and around Alice Springs and the MacDonnell Ranges.  Lots of really nice aboriginal artwork in the galleries and they have good coffee here!  And I went on a sunset camel ride and saw kangaroos!

My internet time is running out... so I've gotta make this a short one.  Have a lot more pics and stories to share later. 

Til then - Jenny

1 comment:

Carla said...

These pictures are amazing! I'm inspired. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night. Glad you made it back safe and sound.